SFJH’s science fair has long since come and gone, but that doesn’t mean that those who were selected to move on haven’t been busy. This reporter recently discovered that Emily Colton, Cameron Smith & Natalie Reese, Brendan Bakker, and Ryan Berger were honored at June’s Nebo School District meeting for their outstanding performance at the Central Utah Science and Engineering Fair (CUSEF) competition.
Congratulations to the English Department.
We just received the Direct Writing Assessment scores.
Spanish Fork Junior High was 96.7% proficient.
Highest in the District!!!!
Wow, way to go!
1st period - 8-8:25
4th period - 8:30-8:55
6th period - 9-9:25
8th period - 9:30-9:55
Open period (In the girls gym) - 10:00 - 11:15
All students and teachers are expected to be in the girls gym during the open period. All students must leave the building when the final bell rings at 11:15.
• Monday, May 26 – Memorial Day - No school!
• Tuesday, May 27 – Awards assembly, Period 2 – 9th grade, Period 4 - 8th grade, Period 5 – 7th grade.
• Wednesday, May 28 – Lagoon Day! Begin boarding buses at 7:45 am, leaving SFJHS at 8. We will return at approximately 5:00 pm. School will be held for those not going to Lagoon.
• Thursday, May 29 – Yearbooks handed out before school. Final locker cleanout during pack time. Spanish Fork High School graduation, 2 pm at UVU.
• Friday, May 30 – Last day of school. School dismissed at 11:15
On Lagoon day (May 28) @sfjrhigh will be tweeting out reminders to the students when it is time to board the busses to head home. If our students are able to receive text messages they can receive these twitter reminders via text (without a twitter account) by following these simple directions:
Text "follow sfjrhigh" to 40404 to receive text message reminders about when it is time to get on the bus. Text "off @sfjrhigh" to 40404 on the way home to stop receiving tweets.
- Monday, May 19th, 3pm Shakespeare Auditions
- Tuesday, May 20th, Last Day of Pack Time, 3pm Shakespeare Auditions
- Wednesday, May 21st, 2:10pm Start to Finish Celebration
- Thursday, May 22nd, Pre-Locker Cleanout during Pack Time
- Friday, May 23rd, Fine Arts Assembly
- Monday, May 26th, Memorial Day, NO SCHOOL
- Monday, May 12th, A great day for school!
- Tuesday, May 13th, Lagoon bus registration begins, 7pm Band Concert
- Wednesday, May 14th, 7am Professional Development Meeting, 2:10pm Faculty and Staff End of year Celebration
- Thursday, May 15th, 9am Principals Meeting, 10am Nebo District Track Finals @ SHHS, Drama 3 show 7pm.
- Friday, May 16th, 11:47am Student of the Month Lunch, 2pm Nebo District Track Finals @ SHHS, 7pm 7th and 8th Grade Dance, Drama 4 show at 7pm.
Tickets for the annual trip to Lagoon will go on sale next week! Lagoon day will be May 28. Busses will leave Spanish Fork Jr. at 8 am and return at approximately 4 pm. The price will be $45 for admission to the park and the bus ride. You will need to provide your own lunch.
Remember, in order to go to Lagoon you must not have any unpaid fines or any unserved detentions.
- May 5th-May 9th, National Teacher Appreciation Week
- Monday, May 5th, 10am PTA Meeting, 12:30pm SCC Meeting at HuHot, Names due for the awards assembly
- Tuesday, May 6th, UVU Choir Festival, 7pm Orchestra Concert and Awards, 7pm Concert Band Pops Concert @ SFHS
- Wednesday, May 7th, 7am Team Leader Meeting, UVU Orchestra Festival, Noon Retirement Lunch (Congratulations to Mr. R Huff and Mr. Loveless), 2:10pm Team Collaboration, 2-5pm Technology Team Training at D.O.