- Monday, Dec 2nd, 3:30pm School Community Council, 3:30pm B&G B-ball @ PJHS
- Tuesday, Dec 3rd, 5pm Boys B-ball @ Provo
- Wednesday, Dec 4th, 7am Team Leader Meeting, 2:10 Department Collaboration, 3:30pm Wrestling vs MNJHS, 3:30pm B&G B-ball @ SaJHS, 7pm Orchestra Concert
- Thursday, Dec 5th, 3-8pm Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, Dec 6th, 7-9pm School Dance
Spanish Fork Junior High Students know the best way to celebrate Thanksgiving is to share. Students have been collecting food donations for a local food bank for the past week. Bags were loaded up late this afternoon and loaded into the back of a pick-up for transport. YES! They filled the entire bed up!
Great job, SFJH students. Needy families will find the holidays as little easier because of your generosity.
Mrs. Peterson’s honors history class got the privilege of going to The Crandall Historic Printing Museum in Provo. We were welcomed by the founder of the museum and 2 other caretakers. Their humorous spirit and love for their job made the trip not only a learning experience, but engaging as well.
- Monday, Nov 18th, Announce the Food Drive, Let’s get students pumped up to give!
- Tuesday, Nov 19th, 8:47am UEN Broadcast for the 150th Anniversary of Gettysburg Address, No Pack Time, 1st Period 8:00-9:15, 2nd Period 9:20-10:09, Rest of the day on normal schedule.
- Wednesday, Nov 20th, 7am Professional Development Meeting, Education Support Professionals Day, 2:10pm Grade Level Collaboration, 3:30pm Wrestling @ DFJHS
- Thursday, Nov 21st, 9am Principal’s Academy
- Friday, Nov 22nd, 50th Anniversary of JFK Assassination
Students from Lobo Leadership learn Covey's Habit #3 of Highly Effective Teens: Put First Things First. This was taught by placing rocks (Have-to's), salt (Should-do's), and water (Want-to-do's) in three separate jars. We found that when we prioritize our activities and manage our time wisely, doing the things we have to do and the things we should do before doing what we want to do, we will be more effective in our daily lives. We all have twenty-four hours in a day. How will you use your time?
- Monday, Nov 11th, Veteran’s Day, Veteran’s Day Assembly
- Tuesday, Nov 12th, 3pm LPIC
- Wednesday, Nov 13th
- Thursday, Nov 14th, 9am Principal’s Meeting
- Friday, Nov 15th, Valic in the Faculty Room at lunch
Award-winning author, Chris Crowe visited with Spanish Fork Junior High eighth graders during a morning assembly, Friday, November 8th. He discussed the inquiry process which led him to write Mississippi Trial 1955 and its non-fiction counterpart, Getting Away with Murder: The True Story of the Emmett till Case. Students had just finished reading the informational text in class and many had opted to read the novel in preparation for Crowe's visit. After the presentation, students asked a myriad of questions regarding the case and the writing process in general.
Look up in the sky. What do you see? Clouds, maybe a plane or two? On a field trip to Utah Valley University Mr. LeMmon's Honors World Civilization class learned it is much more than that.
If you could see 6,000 times the distance you do now, you would be able to spot the multimillion dollar devices that, with a GPS, can pinpoint your exact location in just seconds. Satellites send signals down to earth giving you your longitude and latitude. This can help you find other locations and directions to get there.