Canvas - Student Guide
Logging into Nebo Canvas Account
Your Nebo student Canvas account is connected to your student email (which is a Gmail account).
To login to Canvas on a Chromebook
Login to the Chromebook with a student email address
Go to nebo.edu/students/Canvas (this should take you to your Canvas dashboard)
To login on other devices
First, login to your student email account
Make sure you are logged out of any other Gmail accounts
Go to https://canvas.nebo.edu/
Links to Canvas Tutorials
|Canvas Overview||Canvas on a Mobile Device|
|Assignments Overview||Assignment Submissions|
Submitting assignments from Google Drive
When submitting or accessing Google Drive files make sure to login to your student email account and no other Gmail account.
After clicking, “submit assignment”, select the Drive option icon (see image below). This opens a window to your Drive and allows you to select a file to submit. Note: The first time you access your Google Drive you will need to authorize access (possibly several times).
Don’t forget to submit the assignment in Canvas after selecting it in Google Drive.
Nebo Online Access - Secondary Schools
- All secondary teachers will use Canvas as a starting place -- some teachers will have their coursework in Canvas, while others will just link to it from Canvas.
- You can create a Canvas account, either online or through the Canvas Parent App for mobile devices, and track your students’ classwork for each class that is on Canvas. Use Nebo.instructure.com as the “school”.
- You will need a code to add each student, which can be obtained by your student, or from their teacher.
- Cory Little is the Nebo Canvas problem solver for parents and students. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org and his phone number is 801.354.7485
- You must first be logged into your school email account in order to access Canvas from home (or anywhere). Please log out of all google accounts except your Nebo account or there may be account conflicts.
- To access your Canvas account: After you are logged into your student email, go to www.nebo.edu and under the student tab select, “Canvas”.
- If you have a problem with a class, you should try to contact your teacher first.
- If you need further help, contact Cory Little at the District Office. email@example.com or 801.354.7485