Spanish Fork Junior High School
General Registration Information 2018-2019
Dear Students and Parents,
I hope you are having a wonderful summer vacation. Here at SFJHS, the administration, counselors, secretaries and custodians are working hard to have everything prepared for the 2018-2019 school year. We are looking forward to the arrival of our students. The following information has been prepared to guide you through the ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS and to help you prepare to be ready to begin school on Tuesday, August 21st.
The online registration for Spanish Fork Junior High will be available starting August 1, 2018.
- To begin, visit the SFJHS webpage at http://sfjhs.nebo.edu/ and click on Registration under the links on the left of the home screen. You will then be directed to Online Registration where you will follow the steps as instructed.
- Once you have completed all requirements of the registration process (including payment of fees and proof of immunizations), your child’s class schedule will be available to view online and print in 24-48 hours through your Aspire SIS account.
Fee Waivers/School Lunch Payments - August 7 and 8
The school will be open for fee waiver applications and school lunch payments on August 7 and August 8 from 8:00am to 2:30pm.
- Fee Waiver qualifying information and income guidelines for the 2018-2019 school year is located on the school website at http://sfjhs.nebo.edu/content/general-information-about-school-fees-and-fee-waivers if you think you may qualify for a fee waiver, you must apply in person at the school on August 7th or 8th between 8:00am and 2:30pm. Verification of income is required. Yearbooks are not subject to fee waivers.
- School Lunch Payments can be made online at https://www.paypams.com/ or you may pay in person at the school on August 7 or 8.
General Information about Fees
- Required Fees: these fees are assessed to all students and cover the costs of textbooks, lab supplies, student activities, etc.
- Optional Fees: these fees are charged only to students that participate in certain programs or classes and cover the specific costs associated with those classes.
- Extra-curricular Fees: these are not paid at registration, but will be paid if/when your student begins participation in an extra-curricular activity; this includes golf, tennis, basketball, track, wrestling, etc.
7th Grade Day and SFJHS Open House – Monday, August 20th
All 7th graders are invited to attend 7th Grade Day on Monday, August 20th from 9:00-11:00am. Students will have the opportunity to attend an orientation assembly, go to each of their classes, meet their teachers, and practice opening their lockers. Busing will not be provided so please plan your own transportation as needed.
Later that same day from 1:00pm -3:00pm there will be an Open House for students of all grades and their parents/guardians. Teachers will be in their rooms and available to answer any questions you may have.
7th Grade Immunization Requirements
To attend the 7th grade in Utah a student must have proof of receiving the Meningococcal vaccine and the Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis (Tdap) booster. The kindergarten Tdap does not count as the booster requirement for 7th grade. This is in addition to other immunizations which should have already been completed and on file (i.e. MMR, DTaP, Polio, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Varicella). You will not be able to attend 7th grade without the school having this information on file. Parents are asked to bring in or mail in a copy of the immunization document from the Health Department or doctor’s office as proof of required vaccinations. You may also email the immunization form to email@example.com.
Counselors will be available for schedule changes on August 7 and 8 from 8:00am to 3:00pm. The class change fee ($5) will begin on August 15th.
Do you want to get involved at Spanish Fork Junior High? PTA is not a time commitment if you don't want it to be. Your membership and support alone help create many wonderful experiences and opportunities for students as well as helping our amazing teachers and staff. PTA helps with "Munchie Mondays", teacher birthdays and dinners, Book Fair, Reflections and much more. If interested in helping with any of these programs please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!! There are opportunities to be involved if you would like, as well as many benefits to students AND parents when parents are involved and show support.
Join now with a small $5 membership fee.
We are excited to announce that this year you can pay with Venmo using @SFJHS-PTA (please leave your name and an email in the notes section). There will be also be sign-ups the day of the Open House.
Students living farther than two miles are offered busing. If you are unsure whether your student qualifies for busing or you need to know where the bus stop is located, you can find this information at www.nebo.edu by clicking on Parents in the top menu bar and then clicking on Parent Home Page from the drop down menu. NEW SCHOOL YEAR BUS ROUTES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE THE FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST. You may also call Transportation at 801-465-6005.
The school day is from 8:00am to 2:40pm Tuesday through Friday. School will release at 1:55pm on Mondays in order to allow for teacher collaboration meetings.
Breakfast and lunch is served daily at the following prices: Breakfast: $1.50 (reduced - $.30), Lunch: $2.50 (reduced - $.40)
To pay for lunches online: visit the Nebo District - Parent Home Page https://www.nebo.edu/parents and click “Pay for meals online”. You will need to create a PayPAMS account if you have not already done so.
Free/Reduced Lunch: applications must be completed online. To apply for free or reduced lunch visit the Nebo District - Parent Home Page https://www.nebo.edu/parents and click on “Free & Reduced Lunch Information”. Please do this as soon as possible so your student can receive free/reduced lunch on the first day. Our lunch clerk will be available at the school to take cash or check meal payments on August 7th and 8th from 8am - 12pm.