The Lobo Way
- Forgive and Accept
600 S. 820 E. Spanish Fork, Utah 84660 | (801) 798-4075 (801) 798-4097 (fax)
Parents, Students and Friends –
A Reminder to Please Participate in Our School Effectiveness Survey
Last Wednesday, February 8th, you received an email from Troy Bohling for Nebo School District asking you to complete a survey regarding our school's effectiveness. Please help us by filling out the survey between Feb. 8th and February 26th. The survey will also be available in Spanish. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us here at SFJHS. Thank you in advance for your participation.
Parent Teacher Conferences
P/T Conferences will be held this week on Thursday, February 16th, from 3:30 – 8:00pm. Our P/T Conference is a great time to visit with teachers and discuss how your student(s) is doing in class. Teachers will be in the cafeteria, but before you head in, please stop at the counseling table to pick up a copy of your student's midterm grade report. The counseling table will be set up at the main entrance of the school, outside of the main office.
Registration for Next Year
Parents, please be aware that students will begin the registration process this coming week. Information for 8th grade students going into 9th grade will be presented on Thursday, February 16th in U.S. History classes. They will be due back to their U.S. History teacher by Tuesday, February 21st. Registration information for 7th grade students going into 8th grade will be given on Wednesday, February 22nd in your student’s College and Career Awareness class. Forms are due back to the CTE Teacher by Monday, February 27th. During these classes students will be given all needed registration materials to complete the registration process for next year. Students will be required to take the registration forms home so parents can approve their course selections. The registration form must be signed by each student’s parent/guardian before it can be turned in. For further information contact the counseling center at (801) 798-4075 ext. 2
PTA Sponsored Book Fair
Please come get lost in a book at our "Happy Camper" PTA Book Fair! The money you spend buys books for your student's classrooms. Here are the dates and times:
- Tuesday, Feb. 14th - 7:30am - 3:10pm
- Wednesday, Feb. 15th - 7:30am - 3:10pm
- Thursday, Feb. 16th - 7:30am - 8:00pm (open through Parent/Teacher Conferences)
We are also open online from February 8th through the 20th. The link is: http://www.scholastic.com/bf/spanishforkjuniorhighsch
Nebo Chess Tournaments
Come join us for the following Nebo District sponsored chess tournaments:
- Saturday, February 25, 2017 Nebo School Chess Tournament (K-12)... Cherry Creek Elementary
- Saturday, March 18, 2017 State Elementary Chess Tournament (K-12)... BYU
Lobos in Action - School Level and District Level Science Fair Winners
Congratulations to the 2016-2017 Spanish Fork Junior High Science Fair participants! At the school level our overall winner from both grades is 8th grader Ethan Graham - Good Job Ethan! The following are the school level award winners...
- 8th Grade winners: 1st- Bruce Huntsman, Ethan Binks, and David Riding; 2nd- Katelyn Gappmayer and Taylor Gull; 3rd- Corinne Orton, Isak Bartholomew, and Bobbie Carter
- 9th Grade winners: 1st- Grant Johnson and Thomas Heaps; 2nd- Aeden Dayley; 3rd- Sarah Doerr, Emily Monroe, and Lauren Ethington.
These SFJHS Science Fair winners, along with selected other school level top finishers, were invited to represent our school at the district tournament last week. From this district fair, 40 science project winners from Nebo School District (7 junior highs and 5 High Schools) were selected to advance to the State Science Fair at BYU. Amazingly 16 of the 40 projects (involving 26 students) were from Spanish Fork Jr. High - Outstanding!!
- 9th grade State Science Fair invitees were: Lauren Ethington, Thomas Heaps, Grant Johnson, and Aeden Dayley
- 8th grade State Science Fair invitees were: Bruce Huntsman, Sydnee Seeley, Eva Lauritzen, Kylie Smith, Ethan Binks, David Riding, Taylor Gull, Corinne Orton, Marley Jensen, Nicole James, Avery Steele, Katelyn Gappmayer, Bobbie Carter, Isak Bartholomew, Holly Larsen, Tyler Reese, Ethan Graham, Erica Bramall, Josie Wright, Avery Critchfield, Jordyn Pearson, and Mklain Shepherd.
Thanks to all students who presented projects. We want to wish all of our participants who are now moving on to the Utah State Science Fair the best of luck as they try to advance to the national science fair.
Upcoming SFJHS Activities:
Help us reach our goal of 1,060 page likes on Facebook and followers on Twitter - Click here: https://www.facebook.com/sfjhs and here:https://twitter.com/sfjrhigh and spread the word to follow and like us!