Parents, Students and Friends –
Teacher Appreciation Week
Thank you to our amazing teachers and staff at SFJHS! We are lucky to be a part of this great school and are celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week this week, April 11th-15th. Show your teachers and the staff how much they are appreciated with a kind note or thank you.
Thanks for a Successful PTA Fundraiser
Thank you students, parents, "coaches", teachers and staff for helping us hit a slam dunk with our PTA sponsored March Madness fundraiser! Thanks to the many of you that participated we were able to beat our goal and raised $1590.10 with money to be donated towards school technology! We had a little March Madness and announced our winners Tuesday morning. Team BTB took 1st place with A-Team only one envelope behind, followed up by Team Holy Lobos then Team Excellent. Mrs. Parker's class came in as overall MVP with team MVP and runners-up all receiving treats. The PTA thanks everyone again that participated along with Spanish Fork Maceys and Provo Bakery helping us out with treats. It's the small things that count and every little bit added up to make this fundraiser a slam dunk success!
PTA Outstanding Educator Award - Señor Moss
Congratulations to Señor Travis Moss who received the PTA Outstanding Educator Award for Region 10 (Nebo, Provo, Tintic and Juab counties) in March. He advanced to the state level and ended up receiving Outstanding Educator for Utah PTA! He will receive his award at 6:00pm today, April 13th at the Nebo Board meeting. Any parents or students that would like to attend are invited.
Sage Testing Window Now Open
By way of information to students and parents - SAGE testing is under way and will continue through the end of May. Students will participate in the Language Arts, Math and Science portions of the test. We invite all students to get a good night’s sleep and eat a healthy breakfast so that you can be at your best as you show the academic progress that you have made this year.
Lobos in Action
Spanish Fork Junior High was well represented at the state science fair held at BYU! If you see any of our science fair participants, please congratulate them on a job well done! The following students received awards - Senior High Division: Behavioral & Social Science - 3rd Place Bailee Bills, “What's In a Face?” Junior High Division: Engineering - 2nd Place Mia Colton and Max Colton, “Myoelectric Muscle Mastery”; Medicine & Health - 3rd Place Kyra Feland, “Standing on your own 2 feet may be harder than it seems”; Behavioral & Social Science - 3rd Place Carter Flory, Jamison Massey, and Wayne Blaylock, “Memory Methods”; Special Awards: U.S. Navy/U.S. Marine Corps Award - Mia Colton and Max Colton; Humanitarian Award: Katie Guenther, “Honesty In Teenagers”
Upcoming SFJHS Activities:
- Apr 14 - Tennis SFJHS vs Mapleton @ SF Sports Park 3:30pm
- Apr 14 - Freshman/Soph Girls Softball Home vs. Maple Mt. Double Header 4:00pm
- Apr 15 - Track Meet @Spanish Fork High School 2:00pm
- Apr 16 - SF Freshman Baseball @ Springville Double Header 11:00am
- Apr 16 - Freshman/Soph Girls Softball Round Robin, Time is TBA
- Apr 18 - Freshman Baseball Sky Ridge @ Spanish Fork 5:30pm
- Apr 19 - Tennis SFJHS vs Springville @ SF Springville HS 3:30pm
- Apr 19 - Freshman/Soph Girls Softball Home vs. Springville 4:00pm
- Apr 20 - Freshman Baseball Spanish Fork @ Bingham 5:30pm
- Apr 21 - Tennis SFJHS vs Salem @ Salem Hills HS 3:30pm
- Apr 21 - Freshman/Soph Girls Softball Home vs. Salem 4:00pm
- Apr 21 - English - Poetry Slam 6:00pm
- Apr 21 - Freshman Baseball Sky ridge @ Spanish Fork 7:30pm
- Apr 22 - Mid-Term
- Apr 22 - Track Meet @Salem Hills HS 2:00pm
We encourage parents and students to LIKE us and FOLLOW us on our SFJHS Facebook and Twitter.