Parents, Students and Friends –
Parents and Students: All Library books are due May 9th. Please be on the lookout for any books belonging to SFJHS Library. If your student has a fine or overdue book, they were notified with a reminder slip. We have a great school library, with a wonderful collection. Please help us keep it that way by returning all books. Thank you so much for your help. If you have any questions talk to Mrs. Wilson in the library.
Thanks PTA for the New Math Technology
The PTA was able to grant $600 to the school due to the wonderful support we got from the March Madness fundraiser. We will now apply to have these funds matched by the Nebo Foundation and all the funds will go toward purchasing interactive “smart” boards for the math department. Thank you to all who support our PTA, and our wonderful school and staff!
Lagoon Day - May 25th
Information and permission slips regarding this year’s Lagoon Day on May 25th will be coming home with students this Friday, May 6th. Bus ticket sales will begin on Monday, May 9th and continue until available buses fill up. Bus tickets will cost $15 and entrance tickets to Lagoon are $33. Students will purchase their bus ticket in the front office and will purchase their entrance ticket when they arrive at Lagoon. Please be aware of the following criteria for participation in Lagoon Day: Citizenship grade cannot be an N or U in more than 1 class; all outstanding balances for lunch and/or other school fees must be paid; all detentions must be served.
Annual Spring Hike for ALL Students
All 7th, 8th and 9th graders are invited to join the annual SFJHS Spring Hike - we want as many people as possible! It will happen Tuesday, May 17th beginning at 8:00am to approx. 3:00pm. You will need to complete a physical test and a written test before you are allowed to participate. The physical test will be held on May 9th right after school in the girl’s gym. Sign up with Coach Johnson today!
Ping Pong / Mountain Biking Intramurals
Come join us for two fun intramural opportunities - First, Ping Pong on May 9th, 10th and 12th. To participate, simply show up in the Lobo Den from 7:30 to 7:55am. The second opportunity is for some mountain biking - Join us May 16th, 17th, & the 19th after school from 2:50 to 3:50pm for some fun rides. Meet by the flag pole and remember to bring your own bike. Contact Coach G. Johnson or Mrs. Denter with any questions; see you there!
Upcoming SFJHS Activities:
- May 5 - Tennis SFJHS vs PJHS @ Payson High 3:30pm
- May 5 - Freshman/Soph Girls Softball Home vs. Wasatch 4:00pm
- May 5 - Drama III - Class Play 7:00pm
- May 6 - Track Meet @ Springville High School 2:00pm
- May 9 - Tennis JV District Finals 8:00am start at Springville HS
- May 9 - Spring Hike Physical Test, Girls Gym 2:45pm
- May 10 - Tennis Varsity District Finals 8:00am start at Springville HS
- May 10 - Freshman/Soph Girls Softball @ Maple Mountain 3:30pm
- May 10 - Orchestra - Final Concert / Awards 6:00pm at SFHS
- May 11 - Beginning Band & Concert Band Pops Concert 7:00pm at SFHS
- May 12 - Track District Finals (Day 1) @ Maple Mountain High School
- May 12 - Freshman/Soph Girls Softball @ Springville 3:30pm
- May 12 - Drama IV/Tech 2 - Class Play 7:00pm
- May 13 - Track District Finals (Day 2) @ Maple Mountain High School
- May 13 - Jazz Band - Dance Night 7:00pm at SFHS
We encourage parents and students to LIKE us and FOLLOW us on our SFJHS Facebook and Twitter.