The Lobo Way
- Strengthen the Pack
- Learn to Learn
- Forgive and Accept
- Find My Voice
600 S. 820 E. Spanish Fork, Utah 84660 | (801) 798-4075 (801) 798-4097 (fax)
Hello, this is Alesha LeMmon. I am the assistant principal and I will be sending newsletters out this year to keep you informed. We hope you have had the opportunity to go online and register your student. If not, please take time to complete this process as soon as possible so everything will be ready for your student to hit the ground running at SFJHS this year. If you have scheduling concerns, counselors will be available this week from 1:00pm through 2:30pm Wednesday, 9:00am-2:30pm Thursday, and 9:00am-11:30am on Friday. A $5.00 class change fee will be charged except for incomplete schedules. Our school counselors will handle all schedule changes. Please note that not all schedule changes can be accommodated due to the number and times of sections offered as well as class size concerns.
Attention ALL 7th Grade Parents/Guardians: As of today there are 124-7th graders, 7-8th graders and 3-9th graders who have not completed and turned in their immunizations. Your student will not be able to attend school without having the required vaccination information on file. Parents are asked to hand deliver, mail, email, or fax in a copy of the immunization document from the Health Department or doctor’s office as proof of required vaccinations. Our fax number is 801-798-4097 or you can email our school nurse at Aubrey.firstname.lastname@example.org
9th Graders: We have a shortage of lockers for around 15 of our 9th grade students. If you plan to share with a friend or would like to, talk to Mrs. Hales or Ms. Nielson in counseling.
IT’S ALMOST GOLF SEASON! Golf is a co-ed team sport in junior high and ALL students are invited to try out. Golf tryouts will be after school on Thursday, August 24th with Coach Hansen. Come to the office to pick up an information packet and remember, a physical is required prior to participating.
Here are a few important August dates to remember:
• Monday, August 21st; 9:00am - 11:00am - 7th Grade Orientation. A welcome assembly will begin at 9:00am in the Little Theater. Students will then have the opportunity to go to each of their classes, meet their teachers and practice opening lockers. Bussing will not be provided so please plan your own transportation as needed.
• Monday, August 21st; 1:00pm - 3:00pm - Back to School Open House. All parents and students are invited to attend. Come meet your teachers, check your locker, and explore the building.
• Tuesday, August 22nd; 8:00am - 2:40pm - First Day of School for all students.
• Thursday, August 24th; Golf tryouts after school, information in the office.
• Friday, August 25th - Picture Day - Packets will be distributed to all students on the first day of school. Every student will need to have their picture taken for their student ID and to be in the year book. Purchasing a photo package is optional.
Visit our school home page at http://sfjhs.nebo.edu/ to see all calendar items and other important information. We will see you all on the 21st of August for 7th grade orientation and later that day for the school wide Open House.