Saturday February 24, 2018 8:30 am - 1:00 pm approximately
Cherry Creek Elementary 484 S. 200 E. Springville, 84663 Please enter through east doors.
- Arrive at 8:30 am, instructions at 8:45 am.
- 5 or 6 rounds—all students get to play all rounds.
- K-6 students get to play others within their own grade.
Jr. High students will be grouped together into one section. High School students will be grouped together into one section.
9th grade will join either Jr. High or High School based on numbers.
- Rounds are up to 50 minutes each (i.e. approximately 25 minutes per player). High School may be allowed up to 60 minutes each.
- Plan on students finishing last round between 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm.
- Trophies will be awarded for 1st -7th place per section (plus several “outstanding” trophies), and for top 3 elementary schools and top 2 secondary schools. All other players will receive a medal.
- Tie breaks will be decided by the computer.
- Information available for those interested in starting a chess club.
Lunch will be available for purchase: pizza, snacks, etc. Chess sets and such available for purchase. Cash or check.
How to register:
Register and pay online at nebo.revtrak.net under “Nebo District Programs.” Cost is $5.00 if you register and pay by Feb 17, or $10 thereafter.
Registrations accepted only through Thursday, Feb 22— no registration or payment accepted at the door.
Student must be in Nebo School District boundaries, whether attending public, charter, or home school, or have played in Nebo chess tournament. Supervision of children is the responsibility of the parents. Parents and other spectators may not interact with players while they are competing.