Parents, Students and Friends –
We hope you have been having a great summer break and wow - can you believe how quickly August is approaching?
We want to make you aware beginning this year, registration will take place online for all grades and schools throughout Nebo School District. We hope you find the process to be clear, simple and convenient. The online registration for Spanish Fork Junior High will be available starting July 31, 2017.
To set up an account and use the service:
1. To begin, visit the SFJHS webpage at http://sfjhs.nebo.edu/ and click on Registration under the links on the left of the home screen.
2. You will then be directed to Steps to Register Online where you will follow the link to the Aspire Student Information System (Step 1) where you will choose New Student registration (open enrollment or new to the district) or Current Student registration (SFJHS is your assigned school).
a. If you have not set up a PARENT ASPIRE ACCOUNT, please create one PRIOR TO REGISTRATION of your student. To complete this step, go to www.nebo.edu/parents and click the Aspire SIS (Student Information System) link and under “Getting Started” click “Create a Parent Account” and follow instructions.
3. At this point you will have the opportunity to verify and/or update Aspire SIS address and contact information. Please especially make sure the email address listed is current since that is the main form of communication we will use throughout the year. Please ensure all phone numbers are current for parents and other contacts.
4. Pay school fees online with a credit card through My School Fees (Step 2) using your child’s student ID number. Please note that there is a $2.00 transaction fee.
a. Click on “Registration Fees” - Your student’s required fees will be listed.
b. Select “Other Fees” to pay fees like yearbook, PE clothes, instrument rental, etc.
5. Go to School Meals (Step 3) to make lunch payments, if desired, through PayPams or determine if your student is qualified for Free/Reduced Meals.
6. Read through and sign registration documents, permission slips and information pertinent to our school.
7. If your child is a new student, find a list of documents that need to be brought to the school in person in order to register your child (Step 4).
8. Once you have completed all requirements of the registration process (including payment of fees and proof of immunizations) AND UPON SCHOOL APPROVAL, your child’s class schedule will be available to view online and print through your Aspire SIS account.
9. We will open for fee waiver applications on August 8 and August 9 from 8:00am to 2:30pm. However, it is not necessary for you to attend if you have completed the online registration prior to that date
10. PTA sign-ups, volunteer opportunities, greeting the teacher, and any other school information will take place on 7th Grade Day on Monday, August 21st from 9am – 11am and at our Back-to-School Open House on Monday, August 21st from 1:00pm – 3:00pm. We request that every student and at least one parent/guardian plan to attend that day.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact the school at 801-798-4075.
If you think you may qualify for a fee waiver, you must apply at the school on August 8th and August 9th between 8:00am and 2:30pm. Verification of income is required. Yearbooks are not subject to fee waivers.
Join SFJHS PTA This Year and Be Involved!
PTA is not a time commitment if you don't want it to be. Your membership and support alone help create many wonderful experiences and opportunities for students as well as helping our amazing teachers and staff. There are opportunities to be involved if you would like, as well as many benefits to students AND parents when parents are involved and show support. Join now with a small $5 membership fee. Please pay with this PayPal link (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=879EMUDHDWUDL) or submit separate cash/check payable to “SFJHS PTA” at the front office.
For questions contact email@example.com
Plan now for Reflections! 2017-18 Theme: "Within Reach” - Reflections submissions are due to the front office by Oct. 13, 2017!
7th Grade Day and SFJHS Open House – Monday, August 21st
All 7th graders are invited to attend 7th Grade Day on Monday, August 21st from 9:00-11:00am. Students will have the opportunity to attend an orientation assembly, go to each of their classes, meet their teachers and practice opening their lockers. Busing will not be provided so please plan your own transportation as needed. Later that same day from 1:00-3:00pm there will be an Open House for students of all grades and their parents/guardians. Teachers will be in their rooms and available to answer any questions you may have.
7th Grade Immunization Requirements
To attend the 7th grade in Utah a student must have proof of receiving the Meningococcal vaccine and the Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis (Tdap) booster. The kindergarten Tdap does not count as the booster requirement for 7th grade. This is in addition to other immunizations which should have already been completed and on file (i.e. MMR, DTaP, Polio, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Varicella). You will not be able to attend 7th grade without the school having this information on file. Parents are asked to bring in or mail in a copy of the immunization document from the Health Department or doctor’s office as proof of required vaccinations
Applications for free/reduced school lunch must be completed online. To apply for free or reduced lunch visit the Nebo District - Parent Home Page https://www.nebo.edu/parents and click on “Free & Reduced Lunch Information”. Please do this as soon as possible so your student can receive free/reduced lunch on the first day.
Monday Early Out Day
Please note that early out continues to be on Mondays and school will release at 1:55pm on Mondays allow for teacher collaboration meetings. Tuesdays through Fridays the school day will be from 8:00am to 2:40pm.
Upcoming SFJHS Items of Interest:
• July 31 – Online Registration Begins
• Aug 8 & 9 – Fee Waivers 8:00am - 2:30pm
• Aug 8 & 9 – Counselors Available for Schedule Changes 8:00am-3:00pm
• Aug 21 - 7th Grade Day 9:00am - 11:00am
• Aug 21 - Open House 1:00pm - 3:00pm
• Aug 22 - First Day of School
• Aug 25 - Picture Day