Spanish Fork Jr. High is committed to achieving high levels of student learning. If we are to accomplish this goal, there must be interventions along the way that provide re-teaching and additional time as needed. We believe that ALL students can be successful and Pack Time provides a key way to reach every student.
How Pack Time Works:
- Each school day, except Monday, the office prints a mini progress report for each student. This report is given to each student by their second period teacher. Students that have a D or F grade in a class are required to go to the teacher of the deficient grade. The teacher will work with the student helping them to complete missing work, re-take tests or re-learn concepts as needed to raise their grade.
- If the teacher they have the deficient grade with is not available, they must report to a study hall or as arranged by partnering teachers, may go to another teacher within that department to receive help.
- Students who are proficient in all their classes (all grades C- or above) will have the opportunity to choose an enrichment activity for the Pack Time. Their "Proficient" report card is their ticket into the enrichment activity.
- Schedules will be posted online, in every classroom, and in the halls so all students will know what is available
- Teachers will regularly update their grades so that students who are proficient have that reflected in their daily progress report.