SFJHS Board 2020-2021
President- Karla Froelich
- President Elect- Amber Hebdon
- Secretary- Laura Olsen
- Treasurer- Hilary Fallon
- Reflections- Karla Froelich
- Teacher Appreciation Week- Laura Olsen and Karla Froelich
- Teacher Birthdays- Amy Cannon
- SEP Teacher Dinners- Rebecca Roberts
- Membership- Holly Fagan
- Monday Munchies- Brooke Bigelow
Teacher Appreciation Week March 1-5 “Our Teachers Make us Happy Campers”
Thanks to those that have signed up to help. We could still use a few more donations. You can just send it with your junior high student in the morning and have them drop it off in the front office.
It would also be a great time to send a note of thanks to your child’s teachers.
March Madness (Fundraiser) March 15-19
Look for donation envelopes coming home March 15. We are raising money to keep our PTA functioning with Reflections, Teacher Birthday gifts, PTA training, SEP Dinners and Teacher Appreciation week. Excess money goes to a grant to the school. Prizes will be given for classes with the most returned envelopes, even if there isn’t a donation included.
PTA Meeting Dates:
3rd Thursday of each month in the Faculty Room from 9:00-10:00 a.m. Please wear a mask and sit at your own table:
- Mar. 18
- April 15
- May 20
One thing that the PTA sponsors each year is the Reflections Program. The Reflections program was designed to encourage students to explore the arts for fun and for recognition. Last year over 300,000 students nationwide entered the Reflections program. Reflections celebrate the art categories of Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography and 2-D and 3D Visual Arts.
This year our theme was “I Matter Because...”.
Congratulations to our Region Award Winners:
- Film Production- Jacob Mennear; Award of Excellence (moving on to state)
- Dance Choreography- Dakoda Hew-Len; Award of Merit
- Literature- Dave Rawlins; Award of Merit
- 2D Art- Olivia Nelson; Award of Merit
- 3D Art- Sarah Froelich; Honorable Mention
*State Reflections Winners will be announced sometime in March