April 16 was the night for the Spanish Fork Jr. High poetry slam. 52 students were chosen by their English teachers to compete for a chance to go to the district competition. The students recited a wide variety of poems, ranging from originals that they had written themselves to popular ones authored by someone else.
The top ten students chosen by the judges to represent SFJHS at the district meet are:
- Emily Colton/Cameron Smith--original poem--"'Z's' better Than 'A's'
- Seth Fallon--"Measles"
- Kennedy Frame "I often Contradict Myself"
- Madison Lindley/Megan Singerman "The General"
- Sofie Czarnecki "Racing"
- Kenia Guzman--original poem--"Infinite"
- Evanya Carter "Jabberwocky"
- Isabella Lewis "To This Day"
- McKenzie Oyler "The Swing"
- Kaitlyn Thacker "To This Day"