Despite wet weather and the lure of the Olympic telecast, many students and parents attended SFJH’s Parent/Teacher conference last night. Every term, parents have the opportunity to meet with their student’s teachers and get a quick update on their progress toward proficiency. Most teachers give parents a copy of their student’s progress report which includes a list of the core skills students are working on that term. Parents can easily see where their students are on the continuum of skill proficiency.
- Monday, Feb 10th,
- Tuesday, Feb 11th, 3pm LPIC
- Wednesday, Feb 12th, 2:10pm Department Collaboration, 6pm Nebo School Board (SFJHS to give school presentation)
- Thursday, Feb 13th, 3-8pm Parent Teacher Conferences, 6pm “Fight the New Drug” parent presentation in Little Theater.
- Friday, Feb 14th, Valentine’s Day, don’t forget the ones you love.
- Monday, Feb 3rd, 10am PTA Meeting, 3:30pm School Community Council, 3:30pm G B-ball vs Mapleton @ MNJHS (District Tourney)
- Tuesday, Feb 4th, B B-ball @ PJHS (District Tourney)
- Wednesday, Feb 5th, 7am Team Leader Meeting, 2:10pm Department Collaboration
- Thursday, Feb 6th, 11:50am Math Mentoring Lunch
- Friday, Feb 7th, 7th Grade Job Shadow, Term 3 Midterm
- Thursday, Feb 13th, 3-8pm Parent Teacher Conferences
The Jon. M. Huntsman Family is proud to sponsor the 22nd Annual Huntsman Awards for Excellence in Education.
• Nominate your favorite Utah public school teacher, volunteer, or administrator
• 11 winners will receive $10,000
• Nomination forms can be found online at www.huntsman.com/haee
• Due Date: Friday, March 14, 2014
- Monday, Jan 27th, Mark and Robert at UASSP, 3:30pm B&G B-ball @ MJHS
- Tuesday, Jan 28th, Mark and Robert at UASSP
- Wednesday, Jan 29th, Mark and Robert at UASSP, 2:10pm Grade Level Collaboration,
- Thursday, Jan 30th, 3:30pm B&G B-ball vs DFJHS
- Friday, Jan 31st, 11:50am Inclusion Training in Youth Support Room
- Tuesday, Jan 21st
- Wednesday, Jan 22nd, 2:10pm Department Collaboration, Nebo Wrestling Tourney @ SaJHS, 3:30pm, B&G B-ball vs MNJHS
- Thursday, Jan 23rd, Nebo 9th Grade Honors Orchestra, 9am Principal’s Academy
- Friday, Jan 24th
Eighth grader Kate Baadsgaard was the grade level winner in this year's Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Essay Contest sponsored by the Utah State Office of Education. Kate and two of her family members attended a luncheon Wednesday, January 15, in the Hilda B. Jones Center in Salt Lake City where students were recognized for their award-winning entries. Principal Fleming and Mrs.Thompson were also in attendance. During the ceremony, students were commended for their efforts in tackling this year's theme which centered on bullying and the famous quote by Dr.
Kolton Dudley and Kyle Lunceford took first place in the Stock Market Game sponsored by the Utah State Office of Education. The students participated in the game as part of the Computers in Business class taught by Mr. Ferrin. In the game, teams of students are given a simulated $100,000 and are given 10 weeks to invest the money to try and have the highest amount of equity. Kolton and Kyle at the end of the game had $140,000 dollars in equity, which was more than the other 179 teams in the Junior High/Middle School division.