Eric Ferrin, a math teacher at Spanish Fork Junior High was presented with this month's PEAK award at the January Board meeting. The PEAK award is given to any employee in Nebo School District that demonstrates Positive Energy and Kindness, traits that the superintendent has been emphasizing during this school year. Mr. Ferrin is the first from our school to be honored with this award. Congratulations Mr. Ferrin!!!
- Monday, Jan 13th, Beginning of Term 3, Hand out schedules in first period, 3pm Musical Rehearsals begin, 3:30pm B&G B-ball @ SJHS
- Tuesday, Jan 14th, 2nd period Josh Drean Bullying Assembly, Drawing for responsibility cards at lunch, 3pm LPIC, 3-5pm Digits Open House in Library
- Wednesday, Jan 15th, 7am Professional Development Meeting, 2:10pm Department Collaboration, 3:30pm Wrestling @ MJHS
- Thursday, Jan 16th, Bullying Follow-up at Pack Time, 3:30pm B&G B-ball @ PJHS,
- Thursday, Jan 2nd, School Resumes, Welcome Back
- Friday, Jan 3rd, It’s the weekend already?
- Monday, Jan 6th, 10am PTA Meeting, 3:30pm School Community Council, 3:30pm B&G B-ball vs SaJHS
- Tuesday, Jan 7th, This is going to be a long week.
- Wednesday, Jan 8th, 7am Team Leader Meeting, Scoliosis Screening in PE classes, 2:10pm Department Collaboration, 6pm Nebo School Board Meeting
- Thursday, Jan 9th, End of Term 2, 9am Principals Meeting, 3:30pm B&G B-ball vs MJHS, 7pm Combined Dance @SaJHS
I would like to nominate Paul Nelson for Teacher of the Month. Paul is not one that would ever look to be recognized, but he works hard, especially with struggling students. He is patient with the students, and willing to work with them whenever they ask for help. He is truly a quiet, hard, worker in this school that is rarely recognized for his efforts.
- Monday, Dec 16th, 8:50am Combined Choir Rehearsal, 3-5pm Musical Workshop, 3:30pm B&G B-ball @ DFJHS
- Tuesday, Dec 17th, 3-5:30pm Musical Auditions, 7pm Combined Choir Concert @ DFJHS
- Wednesday, Dec 18th, 7am Faculty Development Meeting, 2:10pm Christmas Celebration at Hu Hot Mongolian Grill, 3-5:30pm Musical Auditions, 3:30pm Wrestling @ SaJHS,
- Thursday, Dec 19th, 3-5:30pm Musical Auditions, 3:30pm B&G B-ball @ MNJHS, 7pm Band Cncrt
December 9 – 15 was Computer Science Education Week and teachers all over the world had their students participate by learning an Hour of Code. Here at Spanish Fork Jr. High Mr. Thacker had his keyboarding and computer technology classes participate in an Hour of Code where the students used computer code to help an Angry Bird navigate a maze to pop a piggy, and used computer code to help a zombie navigate a maze to eat a plant.
Saturday, December 7, 2013 marked the annual finals for Utah’s Make It with Wool competition. This year’s sew fest was held at Mapleton Junior High. Fifty-seven entrant from across the state competed in three categories: preteen (11 and under), juniors (12-15), and seniors (16-24). There is also an adult category.
Hannah Argyle, a student here at SFJH, took top honors in the junior category with her skirt and jacket entry. This qualifies her to go on to the national finals held in Charleston, South Carolina in January 23-25, 2014.
On Saturday, December 7th, 2013, five SFJHS students competed in the western regional Foot Locker 3 mile cross country race held in Walnut, California. Running with the Pack were Amanda Olsen, Taya Hoover, Devin King, Nate Hanson, and Heston Anderson.
Despite the wet weather, Heston placed 35th overall in the freshman/sophomore race. Congratulations Lobos!
Check out the rankings for the National Finals to be held this weekend in San Diego, California by going to Foot Locker’s webpage at http://www.footlockercc.com/