- Oct 28-Nov 1, Red Ribbon Week
- Monday Oct 28th, Admin to present in 2nd and 3rd period classes, School-wide writing in 3rd Period, Hand out Red Ribbons (wristbands) to your 4th period class, Drawing for prizes during 8th period.
- Tuesday, Oct 29th, Assembly with Pastor France Davis
- Wednesday, Oct 30th, Diamond Fork Teachers to Observe classrooms (if you haven’t been talked to, you won’t be observed), Students Pledge at Lunch to be Drug Free, 2:10 Department Collaboration
“Strike up the band!” seems to be the Spanish Fork Junior High Band’s motto. Filled with energy and enthusiasm, SFJH band students have been practicing and performing with purpose and determination, honing their craft and striving for excellence. Here’s what they’ve accomplished so far this year.
This past July SFJH students attended Summer Band Camp. Students from four different schools in Nebo district got together and performed for Pioneer Day at the Spanish Fork City Park then got together afterwards for a BBQ hosted by parent volunteers.
- Monday Oct 21st, Just a lot of great instruction
- Tuesday, Oct 22nd, Lots of targeted intervention
- Wednesday, Oct 23rd, 2:10 Department Collaboration
- Thursday, Oct 24th, Last Day of Term 1, 8am Assistant Superintendent school visit (Scott Wilson), 7pm Orchestra Concert
- Friday, Oct 25th, Parent Conference Comp Day, No School
Hey all you writers out there! Want to publish a novel someday? How about next month? November is National Novel Writing Month, and Mr. Anson’s 9th grade Honors English class will be participating in this grueling challenge. If you are interested in undertaking such an awesome endeavor as well, check out the Young Writers Program at www.ywp.nanowrimo.org for information and instructions on participation and registration.
The lobo leadership class is always looking for ways to improve themselves and the school around them. Recently they had a lesson about Habit 1 from The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey. They are learning the differences between "proactive" and "reactive." They discovered that while reactive traits make cool soda rockets, proactive traits are much more pleasant to have when it comes to interacting with people.
- Monday Oct 14th, Columbus Day, 8am District JV Tennis @ SHS
- Tuesday, Oct 15th, 8am District Varsity Tennis @ SHS, 2:50pm OSHA Training in Media Center
- Wednesday, Oct 16th, 7am Professional Development Meeting, 2:10pm Department Collaboration
- Thursday, Oct 17th, 9am Michael Vey Assembly for 7th grade only, 9am Principal’s Meeting @ DO
- Friday, Oct 18th, 3:30pm Cross Country District Finals @ MNJHS.
There is a reward being offered for information about a tagging incident that took place earlier this week on the west side of town. The police are asking for information from students at SFJHS since it is within the school boundaries and there is a possibility the taggers are in our school.
- This is National School Lunch Week, Come on down and try one of their great lunches.
- Monday Oct 7th, 8am District JV Tennis @ SHS, 11am District Final Golf @ Spanish Oaks, 3:30pm School Community Council
- Tuesday, Oct 8th, 8am District Varsity Tennis @ SHS, Reflections Entries Due, 7th Grade Field Trip to “This is the Place” State Park, 3pm LPIC Mtg in Conf Room, 3:30pm Tennis @ MNJHS, 7:30pm Shakespeare Performance
- Wednesday, Oct 9th, 7am Team Leaders Meeting, 2:10pm Department Collaboration, 3:00 Shakespeare Cast Party
Nebo School District is holding a coloring contest in conjunction with NSLW (National School Lunch Week) October 14-18 this year.
It is more of a drawing contest than a coloring contest. It is simply an 8x11 piece of paper titled "My Favorite Place in the USA." The NSLW theme this year is "Across the USA."
There will be prizes given out . Make sure students put there name, grade and school on the back of their entry.
1. Each entry is DUE to the Kitchen by Monday morning, October 14th
2. Kitchen will select a 1st and 2nd place winner from EACH school
- Monday Sept 30th, 12:45pm Golf @ Spanish Oaks
- Tuesday, Oct 1st, 2:50pm OSHA Training in Media Center, 3:30pm Tennis @ MNJHS
- Wednesday, Oct 2nd, 7am Team Leaders Meeting, Costco here at lunch, 2:10pm Grade Level Collaboration
- Thursday, Oct 3rd, 12:45pm Golf @ Gladstan, 3:30pm Tennis @ SHHS, Shakespeare Competitions
- Friday, Oct 4th, Lunch Time drawing for Lobo Rewards Cards, 3:30pm Cross Country @ PJHS, 3:30pm Tennis @ PHS, Shakespeare Competitions