On April 1st, ninth graders from Spanish Fork Junior High, got a close up view of how they get their drinking water. The Earth science classes went on a field trip to Spanish Fork Canyon to see a spring being developed for culinary water use for the city of Spanish Fork. The spring is located below Covered Bridge. John Waters, Spanish Fork Water Division Manager, gave the students a guided tour of the new spring. “Do you see that mountain side over there?” as he pointed towards the other side of highway 6, “That is where the water shed is located for this spring.
What do you get when you take 55 junior high student, ask them to memorize a poem of their own choosing, then ask them to perform it in font a crowd of parents and peers?
One awe inspiring Poetry Slam! Congrats and thanks to all who setup, took down, worked behind the scenes and in front of the curtain, those who ran errands, created and printed programs, coached, prodded, and promised bonus points to students if they would only give it a try.
Most of all, thank you students for your performances and the passion with which you delivered your poems.
- Monday, April 28th, A day of great instruction and tons of learning, only 5 weeks to go.
- Tuesday, April 29th, 7th grade student council speeches at Pack Time, 3:30pm Tennis vs. DFJHS @ SF Sports Park, 6-8:30pm Poetry Slam
- Wednesday, April 30th, 2:10pm Team Collaboration, 2-5pm Technology Team Training, 3:30pm Tennis Intramurals @ PHS, 7pm Drama Class Plays
- Thursday, May 1st, 8th grade student council speeches at Pack Time, Fashion Strategies Field Trip, 7pm Drama Class Plays
- Friday, May 2nd, 2pm Track @ SHS, 7pm Drama Class Plays
• April 21st-25th Secretaries Week! Stop in this week and express your appreciation to the secretaries.
• Monday, April 21st, A day of great instruction and tons of learning.
• Tuesday, April 22nd, 3:30pm Tennis @ MNJHS, 3:30pm Tennis Intramurals @ SaJHS,
• Wednesday, April 23rd, Secretaries Day!!, 2:10pm Team Collaboration
• Thursday, April 24th, 7:45am Captain’s Academy, 3:30pm Tennis vs SaJHS @ SF Sports Park, State Debate Tournament
• Friday, April 25th, 4th Term Midterm, 2pm Track @ SFHS
Contratulations to Mrs. Smith, she has been nomainated as our teacher of the month.
Mr. Anson stated:
I would like to nominate Mrs. Smith for teacher of the month. Although she is new, she has established a positive presence in the classroom and exhibits professionalism in all she does with students, parents, and colleagues. Her hard work is manifest in the long hours she devotes to preparation and Pack Time. She is always willing to go the extra mile to help students achieve the objective.
Mrs. Betts also wrote:
- Monday, April 14th, Welcome Back!!
- Tuesday, April 15th, 10am PTA meeting, 3pm LPIC, 3:30pm Tennis @ SHS, Income Taxes are Due!
- Wednesday, April 16th 7am Professional Development Meeting
- Thursday, April 17th, 9am Principal’s Meeting, 10:15am Earthquake Drill, 3:30pm Tennis vs MJHS @ SF Sports Park, Science Field Trip to Thanksgiving Point
- Friday, April 18th, “Red and Gray Day” to promote the student council elections for SFHS, 2pm Track @ MMHS
- Monday, March 31st, Pack Time resumes, Utah Studies Antelope Island Field Trip, Musical Matinee in Little Theater, 3:30pm School Community Council, 7pm School Musical, Millie Jr.
- Tuesday, April 1st, Science Field Trip
- Wednesday, April 2nd, 7 am Team Leader’s Meeting
- Thursday, April 3rd, 3:30pm Track Intramurals @ SF Sports Park, 7pm Band Concert, Annual Collaboration Survey is due
- Friday, April 4th, Natural History Museum Field Trip, 2pm Track @ SHHS
- April 7-11, SPRING BREAK, No School
On Saturday, March 15th the Lobo Band traveled to the famed De Jong Concert Hall for the BYU Band Festival in Provo. The BYU Festival was an adjudication/clinic designed to expose students to the music from several high schools and other junior highs. Students even heard the BYU Wind Symphony. This clinic came at a very opportune time as the band was preparing for their District Assessment and future competitions.
- Teacher Appreciation Week!!
- Monday, March 24th, First Day of Term 4, Munchie Monday Treats
- Tuesday, March 25th, Mailbox Treats, 1pm 7th Grade Registration Assembly (Brockbank & Riverview)
- Wednesday, March 26th, 7:15am Magelby’s Breakfast in Faculty Lounge, 9:30am 7th Grade Registration Assembly (Canyon & East Meadows), 2:10pm Department Collaboration, 7pm School Musical, Millie Jr.